Complementing our spacious fields and courts, ample mature shaded trees and tents are strategically located throughout the grounds at SSDC. The camp property is nestled next to natural parkland in addition to our own wooded areas.
Three sparkling, newly refurbished, heated swimming pools with instructional swim programs taught by our certified Water Safety Instructors and Lifeguards using the American Red Cross Program await your camper. Campers enjoy the diving boards and fun water slides during recreational swim under the watchful eyes of our Aquatics Staff. Themed fun days (Hampy’s Splash Bash, Rubber Ducky Contests, etc.) at the pool always make swimming a special treat.
Spacious ball fields and courts as well as numerous hardtop areas enhance skill development in soccer, softball, tennis, basketball, hockey, volleyball, archery, handball, touch football, newcomb, boxball, gaga, 9-Square in the Air, and many other sports activities. This allows for well-organized league play in soccer, softball, newcomb, basketball and hockey. A modern, indoor, state of the art collegiate style Fieldhouse with electronic scoreboards can accommodate all sports from futsal, hockey, basketball, and 9-Square in the Air rain or shine.
Arts at SSDC
ARTS & CRAFTS
A traditional camp area that offers take-home projects for all ages. Arts & Crafts, Woodworking, Ceramics, and Jewelry highlight this popular area at camp.
A complete indoor area for the creative arts, including a fully mirrored, air-conditioned professional dance studio with a shock absorbing wood flooring system, staffed by experienced dancers, singers, actors and artists. Performing Arts @ SSDC consists of Music, Theatre and Dance. For campers who really enjoy The Arts, camp offers a Dance Club and a Musical Theatre club, which culminates in a much-anticipated end of the season show for families and campers!
All levels of ability find excitement and challenges in our Outdoor Challenge Program. Experienced and well-trained staff ensures consistent and total safety. Whether you are scaling one of our rock walls, zipping one of our ziplines, or taking on our brand-new NINJA STYLE or CONTINUOUS-BLEAY ROPES COURSES, your camper can test their limits, build self-reliance and broaden their horizons.
- NEW FOR 2020!! AMERICAN STYLE NINJA LOW COURSE. Take a swinging rope into a cargo net to begin your adventure. Cross the Swing Log, Tire Traverse, Monkey Bars and Indiana Jones Bridge just like a real “Ninja Warrior”.
- NEW FOR 2020! CONTINUOUS-BELAY HIGH ROPES CHALLENGE COURSE WITH MULTIPLE PODS. Put on your harness and helmet to challenge yourself on our new course. Take a vertical climb to a central platform to start your challenge. New elements include an Indiana Jones Bridge, Catwalk, Pirates Crossing and Swinging Chairs, all ending in a “Leap of Faith.”
- Giant Zipline across Lake Daniel
- 4 – sided climbing rock wall including a “45-degree climb”, “a ledge”, “a flat” and a realistic rock “contoured” section.
- “Ride the Ridge” Zipline with auto-stop system
- Giant climbing and rappelling tower
- Junior Zipline and Air Bungee
NATURE, LAKE & RIDING CORRAL
Nature is hike based and is enhanced by cool projects. There is always something to check out at the Nature Den; Cool bugs, snakes, baby chicks and ducks hatching, rabbits, frogs, turtles, birds, and more!
Our private spring-fed lake provides good waterfront for our small craft; enthusiastic anglers net or catch their fill from a variety of fish, turtles and frogs.
Campers enjoy a riding program that caters to the youngest pony rider up to the seasoned club rider. Campers also learn how to be safe around horses and pony care! The ponies always love their “hooves done”, a cool bubble bath and combing.
SSDC offers a variety of programs and schedules based on the age and grade of your child. Click on the link above to few a sample schedule for your child’s current grade.
Our modern, air-conditioned Dining Room makes lunchtime even more enjoyable and social. Scrumptious daily lunches that include all kinds of amazing cuisine are all supervised and prepared by our own Executive Chefs Brian Bowman and Terrance Barge. An extensive salad/food bar offering a multitude of choices including fresh fruit, egg, chicken, and an array of freshly prepared salads greets your camper daily. Gluten free and vegetarian choices are widely available each day. Every week SSDC offers a Yogurt Bar with fresh berries and granola. Throughout the summer we serve special themed lunch days such as “Taco Day”, “BBQ Day”, “Breakfast for Lunch” and “Sushi Day”. Lunchtime at Southampton really rocks as cool music wafts through the air. In addition, campers enjoy an ice cream or treat after lunch as well as morning or afternoon snack.
SSDC is not 100% allergen free, but we continue to provide alternatives for those with dietary needs. The role of camper and parent is to provide us with as much information as you can about your child’s dietary needs. A two-week sample camp menu is available for you to peruse.
CAMP HEALTH CENTER
As members of the ACA (American Camp Association), we meet and exceed the highest safety standards in our industry. When you send your child to Southampton Summer Day Camp, you can feel confident knowing that we have two full-time Registered Nurses equipped to handle all medical concerns and food allergies. Our caring and skilled medical personnel specifically chosen to meet each child’s needs with extra TLC. Our nurses have been at camp for many years and know our campers. Prior to camp a camp nurse will contact you regarding your camper’s medical needs.
Special Events at SSDC
Every summer we fill our calendar with special events like
- Bunk Talent Show
- Staff Talent Shows
- Hampy’s Birthday Splash Bash & Dance Party
- Olympic Week
- Carnival Week featuring Carnival Rides and Carnival Booth Day
- Friendship Week
- Musical Theatre and Dance Club Shows
- Spirit Day Wednesday’s
At Southampton Summer Day Camp Our Campers Also Look Forward to…
- A fully packed Arcade & Game Room
- An Arts & Crafts Program, including ceramics and Hampy’s Workshop wood projects
- “Little Hoot’s Playhouse”, an innovative, multi-colored, enclosed maze of climbing tubes, slides and amusements
- Two tent covered Pro-Wall Ga-Ga Courts
- A complete Bankshot Basketball Facility
- “Make and taste” treats in Hampy’s Kitchen
- Weekly awards and recognition in every bunk for Camper, Sportsmanship and Athlete
- Seasonal Awards and Trophies for many areas at camp
- Gymnastics Area with a “Tumble Track” and “Mini Mountain”
- Making memories with resident owl mascots; Hampy, Honey and Little Hoot