We are fully engaged in interviewing & hiring, enrolling & planning for our 47th summer. Despite the cold winter weather, summer feels right around the corner to us! As we continue to assemble our staff for this summer, I am constantly reminded of “The Sixth Degrees of Southampton.” At SSDC we believe that we offer a place where campers are able to explore, grow, and develop into confident individuals. We look forward to seeing the smiles on their faces, hearing their conversations and listening to the stories of their adventures with their camp families every summer.
As we get ready for the Summer of 2020, here are some facts and figures about us:
- 22 staff members have been here 15 or more years!
- Supervisors and Directors have 385 years of experience!
- 27-1st year JC Interns have been at camp for 5 or more years!
- 100+ campers every summer receive a 5,6- or 7-year gift from camp!
- 35+ campers have attended SSDC for 9 or more years as a camper!
- Multiple families are entering their 3rd generation as campers at SSDC!!!
- Numerous couples have met at camp and married!
- 16 Senior Counselors or 70% have more than 5 years’ counseling experience at camp!